Visual Basic books
The best Visual Basic books should read
Books have always been the best and most comprehensive way to learn programming in general and Visual Basic in particular. That’s why you need those books as references. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced developer. Besides, With these books you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to effectively answer the Visual Basic interview questions you will face and ultimately lead you to land the job that you desire.
Below are some Visual Basic books that me selection. I hope you will like them.
| Book Titles | Amazon.com Reivews |
|---|---|
| Teach Yourself Visual Basic 5 in 21 Days by Nathan Gurewich, Ori Gurewich | This is a beginner's book, but one for ambitious beginners. Making few assumptions about previous experience, it teaches core programming concepts and details Visual Basic features and techniques. The discussion touches on ActiveX control creation but does not delve heavily into object- oriented programming techniques. If you're out to get a solid pre-professional grounding in VB programming, Teach Yourself Visual Basic 5 in 21 Days is a strong book to work from. Despite the book's self-help title, it's also a good text to assign if you are teaching a course. |
| Access 97 Developers Handbook by Paul Litwin, Mike Gilbert, Ken Getz | Short and Sweet: If you are just learning Access, this book will probably drive you insane. It is NOT for beginners who wish to learn about tables, queries, reports, etc. This book is about CODE. However, if you are an intermediate/advanced VBA programmer, this book is a MUST! (I have 2 copies - one at home and one at work.) It will teach you coding techniques that I have not seen elsewhere - and it explains them well. I have many books on Access and some have taught me excellent coding that is not covered in this book. However, if I had to choose just ONE Access book to work with, this would be it. Overall, it is simply the best. |
| Doing Objects in Visual Basic 2005 (Addison-Wesley Microsoft Technology Series) by Deborah Kurata | This is a great book to learn how to build a VB win form app from start to finish utilizing a cohesive object oriented framework. It covers virtually every aspect from design philosophy, creation of the application tiers (UI, business and data), designing the DB and SPs, error handling, validation and host of other subjects. The book is only 518 pages but it packs a lot of info. The concepts were presented clearly and they were easy to understand and implement; in addition there were quite a lot of helpful tips. It happened that I was just starting an application while I was reading this book so I decided to go ahead and use her framework and a number of the design patterns - It worked very well, I found one minor error in the sample code and I made some modifications to implement some additional features but the code basically worked out of the box. If you do use her object model in an application and the business objects are based on database tables I would recommend purchasing Codesmith (a code generation tool) or a similar product before starting your project since creating the business layer is fairly code intensive. With Codesmith you can create her basic class structure as a template and it will generate the code for the business and data access layers based on the table. Now that I have the first app under my belt I plan to use the framework on any future win form apps that I develop. I highly recommend this book for lower intermediates to advanced developers; if you're completely new to VB this could be a little over your head. |
| Professional Visual Basic 5.0 Business Objects by Rockford Lhotka | Rockford Lhotka's Professional Visual Basic 5.0 Business Objects shows off the capabilities of Visual Basic (VB) 5.0 for developing "business objects" that model real-world entities used in everyday corporations. The author first explores traditional VB "two-tiered" client-server systems, where applications on the client server talk to database servers directly. The author then explores today's three-tiered systems, where business objects--encompassing business rules--work on the server. By separating "business objects" from the user interface code, developers can create more flexible and scalable systems, which is one of the book's main goals. After modeling a group of objects for a hypothetical video rental store, the author shows how to use these VB classes in a variety of ways, such as in VB 5 forms and even within Microsoft Office (in an Excel spreadsheet). He shows how to deploy the business objects in a traditional two-tiered setting in VB with a database. He then demonstrates how to distribute these objects onto the server (using the Distributed Component Object Model [DCOM] capabilities of VB 5) and, finally, into a three-tiered setting using Microsoft Transaction Server. A final chapter even shows how business objects can be used on the Internet using Active Server Pages (ASPs). Professional Visual Basic 5.0 Business Objects is a great guide to the new object-oriented capabilities of Visual Basic 5 and other Microsoft products. This text makes a good case for a company to invest in a library of business objects that can be reused across projects and in a variety of architectures. With its outlook on hands-on programming, this book can serve as a capable guide to the future of development in Visual Basic. |
They are kind of best Visual Basic books available today and equally useful for beginners, experienced and advanced Visual Basic programmer.
Only those Visual Basic books of highest quality appear on this site.
Please feel free to mail us at ntp.interview@gmail.com if you have questions or comments. Visit site at http://www.interviewquiz.net/ for updates and more information.
No comments:
Post a Comment